Important Forms for Graduate Students

Please use your official Lehigh email address when completing DocuSign forms. Once the form has been completed, you will receive a copy for your records.

Graduate Checklists & Forms

General Forms & Resources

Graduate Student Handbook 
Please refer to the handbook for current policies and procedures related to graduate studies in the College of Arts & Sciences.

Certificate Program Form 
This form is used to add a CAS graduate certificate to your program of study. 

Full-time Certification
Students registered for fewer than 9 credits (i.e. students in Maintenance of Candidacy or completing degree requirements) must submit this form to maintain full-time status. It must be completed by the 5th day of the semester in which you are requesting certification. 

Curriculum Change Form
This form is required to change your curriculum for any of the following reasons: you earned a master's degree and are continuing on to a doctoral degree; you are in a doctoral program and will earn a master's degree along the way; or you are in a doctoral program, but will leave with a master's degree instead of completing a PhD. 

Petition to the Standing of Graduate Students (SOGS) Committee
Students who need an exception to a current policy may submit a petition to the SOGS Committee. The department coordinator will forward the form in DocuSign to collect the necessary signatures. The final routing step should be to the Office of Research & Graduate Programs (ORGP) at Once reviewed, ORGP will submit the form to RAS.

Graduate Student Work Limit Overload Petition Form
Graduate students who work up to 20 hours per week must complete this form for approval to work additional hours.

Leave of Absence Policy and Form
Graduate students considering a leave of absence should carefully read the policy and complete the required form.

Transfer Credit Approval Form 
Current graduate students who plan to take a course elsewhere must complete this form and submit it with a course description to their academic department for approval.

Travel Support Request 
Graduate students who are presenting papers, posters, serving as discussants, or chairing panels at conferences may apply for travel support.